Friday, August 10, 2012

Author's Warning


"Not Appropriate for All Audiences": I titled my blog as such not only because I love alliteration, but because it’s quite an apt title. This blog is not going to be all about sunshine and rainbows.  This blog is not always going to be appropriate.  It might need to come with a rating system like television shows:  MA only for language, sexuality, and some drug use.  Underneath the occasional curse word, or mention of sex, however, I hope there’s humor and I know that there are universal truths and lessons to be discovered.  So, try to think of these entries as unfiltered, informal fables.  There truly is something wonderful if you allow yourself to see it.  Really, would you be unable to discover the lesson that “slow and steady wins the race” had the hare once been a binge drinker?  Would you be so distracted by King Midas’ juvenile humor and potty mouth that you were completely incapable of recognizing that true riches do not come from financial wealth?  No one is going to force you to read this, but I hope you do because I write for the same reason that we read, according to the great C.S. Lewis: “We read to know we are not alone.”  I’m not perfect, and you’ll know it if you read this blog.  I have had to pick up the pieces time and time again.  I’m willing to expose myself where many others aren’t (metaphorically speaking here -- not all those drunken nights in college.) So, in reading this, you might not only discover some deeply embedded moral; more importantly, I hope you discover yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment