Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sinful Supermodel


Most little girls have big dreams.  When I was young, I was a highly overambitious child.  At age six, I recorded five different aspirations for my future.  I was going to be a mother, a teacher, an author, an actress, and … a supermodel.  I now have two beautiful children, so I have accomplished my first goal; this was also always the most important goal to me.  If I ever had to choose between having a career and being a mother, I would choose being a mother.  Fortunately, women today aren’t forced to make such a choice.  We can have it all; I also achieved my second and third aspirations and became a teacher and an author (although not currently earning compensation for either role). 

You see, women can have it all … almost.   It’s only almost because no one wants you to model when you’re 5’3” and over 150 pounds.  I’m not even going to tell you my actual weight here; I will just say that it was a grand accomplishment two weeks ago when the Wii said I went from “obese” to simply “overweight.”  That Wii Fit can be one mean bitch. 

I let go of my modeling aspirations long before today though.  Those probably ended around age eight or nine when I became more interested in books than beauty.  However, I did grow up in the “middle of butt-fucking nowhere” (this was a popular saying, people – not my original expression).  Therefore, I had to find ways to keep myself occupied.  Women – admit that most of you did this too as young girls; you and your girlfriends, or your sisters if you had them, would glam yourselves up and have photo shoots just for fun.

My friend Karen and I were especially notorious for this.  We also made lots of random home movies.  I remember one home movie where we were having a race down a hill with two toys.  She had a matchbox car, and I had a disconnected Barbie doll head.  We filmed it in black and white and though it was some kind of art house/film school shit.  It was really just atrocious nonsense. 

My sister and I would also participate in these photo shoots to keep ourselves occupied when we didn’t want to be playing with our brothers (because they could both be total jerk-offs).  As I was recently searching through old photo albums, I came across the gem of a photograph featured here. This was taken during one of those times when my sister and I entertained ourselves with cover girl delusions.
 
Here you see me doing my best “sexy librarian” pose.  The comedy to the photo is in its irony.  Take a closer look at the book I have open before me.  You guessed it; that’s the bible.  Nothing screams sexy like Leviticus or makes a man hard the way Exodus can.  Yes – there’s a slight possibility I could be going to hell.  Until then, stay tuned to Not Appropriate Angela because next week I will be wearing assless chaps to church.

 Dear Lord, please forgive me.

6 comments:

  1. Literally laughing out loud, Angela. My favorite part was "Take a closer look at the book I have open before me. You guessed it; that’s the bible. Nothing screams sexy like Leviticus or makes a man hard the way Exodus can. Yes – there’s a slight possibility I could be going to hell. Until then, stay tuned to Not Appropriate Angela because next week I will be wearing assless chaps to church." Love it! Didn't we make a movie once? Or did we just pick on your sister? I remember you had to drive me everywhere as I was in 8th or 9th grade. My favorite memories were going to the beach (idk which one but you loved it) and hanging out in the pole barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We absolutely made a movie! It was suppose to be like Martha Stewart. You and Kelly were making some recipe, and I showed up as a drunk celebrity and tried putting vodka instead of vanilla into your cookie dough -- or something like that anyway. I think you and Kelly had cute little sweater vests on too. And my father now has two pole barns! But, what did we do in the pole barn? That does not sound like fun. Thank you for your constant support!

      Delete
    2. LOVE it! So happy you remember that. I vaguely remember the Martha Stewart cooking show with you showing up as a drunk celebrity. Haha. As for the pole barn, I think we went down there to hang out until your brother showed up and started throwing stuff at us. God it was so much fun at your house.

      Delete
  2. Why am I just now figuring out while reading your post that bum-fucking Egypt (the term I grew up with) meant butt-fucking Egypt? Holy moly, yes, of course. You should list your blog under the educational category.

    You are, by the way, hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Songs of Solomon; it's pretty steamy for the bible!

    ReplyDelete