Friday, November 29, 2013

Rich and Hot: Your Questions Answered


Earlier this month, I asked for help on facebook in order to finish out National Blog Post Month.  I had friends and followers send me questions they would like answered about me.  Here, I chose my ten favorite questions and provide the responses.  Thanks so much to those of you who participated.  I’m still in a turkey coma and could not have written another creative, inspired post today.

1.       How do you manage stress?
 
Wine. Lots of wine.  I also love my Jacuzzi tub for long hot baths with a good book.
 
2.       What is your favorite book and why?

 My favorite book is The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.  I just fell in love with this story and the writing.  I developed true empathy for Wang Lung and his family.  It’s such a well-told piece of historical fiction; it’s one of the few books that actually made me cry.  I went into mourning for some time after this I finished reading this book; I did not want it to end.  Having said that, however, I believe the best book ever written is Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird.  Every individual should read this book and try to emulate Atticus Finch.
 
 
      3.       What is the cutest thing your child has ever said?  
My daughter has said an abundance of cute and hysterical things.  She cracks me up on a daily basis. I think the sweetest thing she probably ever said, though, was when I said to her one morning, “Emily, you are so cute. How did you get so cute?”  She shrugged her shoulders and then I said, “Did you get so cute from Momma?”  She replied, “No, from Jesus.”  That just melted my heart.

4.       What is your perfect afternoon?
I’m going to refer to some of the above here and include wine and books.  The perfect afternoon is a warm summer day on my deck with a good book and good wine, with the birds chirping, the flowers smelling sweetly, and my dog lying on top of my feet. Perfection.

5.       If you had a movie made of your life, who would you cast as you?

      My old standard response was Winona Ryder; I was often told we looked alike.  Further, when I just now asked my husband, his response was also Ryder.   When the film She’s All That came out, I saw it in the theaters and some teen girl came up to me afterwards and said, “Hey, you look just like the girl in the movie before she got hot,” so I suppose Rachel Leigh Cook might be an option as well. I like Megan Mullally because she could pull off my personality, but she’s a bit too old now, so it would have to be time machine Mullally of twenty years ago to have the right look too.  I would love to hear some of your thoughts on this.  When I once took an online quiz matching my appearance to celebrities, I was told I most resemble Nick Lachey of 98 Degrees, so there’s that too. It's the dimples.   

6.       How do you think your high school peers would have described you?
Oh, Angela? Yeah, she’s kind of weird, isn’t she?  I don’t know if she’s supposed to be hippy or grunge or what. She looks like Blossom with all those crazy hats.  I’m pretty sure she gets high all the time, but I think she’s like super smart.  

For the record, I did not get high all the time.  In fact, I got high never while in high school; I just dressed strange – I kind of wanted to be Courtney Love (yeah,  WTF?).  If any of my high school peers actually read this, I would love to hear your perspective on this one too.  Is my description accurate? If not, how would you have described me?
 
7.       If you hadn’t studied English Education, what other major would you have pursued in college?
This is easy.  The answer is definitely psychology.  I briefly flirted with a major change, but I was always drawn to teaching from such a young age.

8.        What color are your toe nails painted?
Purple. Of course purple. It’s my favorite.  I’m like a little kid whose lunch box and boots have to be her favorite color.  My coat is purple, my purse is purple, and my toes are purple.

9.       What is your earliest childhood memory?
It has always worried me that I really have very few memories from my early youth.  I do, however, remember scenes from kindergarten.  I remember making stone soup and having naps on colored mats back when the milk came in plastic bags even more difficult to correctly puncture than Capri Sun.  That milk packaging was just mean, and that’s what I remember.

10.   If Kaley Coucou showed up as a genie like in those Toyota commercials, what three wishes would you ask for?  
 

I know this sounds awful, but my first wish would be for money.  I just know how much financial security would benefit other areas of my life.  My husband wouldn’t be miserable because he hates his job.  I could spend more time with my children. We could travel.  We wouldn’t have to worry about paying the bills.  We could have cable again so Emily could watch Paw Patrol (she’s an addict and it’s the first thing she asks about when we go to Grandma’s). I could open my dream business with my best friend and she wouldn’t have to marry the autistic doctor who lacks empathy.  So, yes, financial security would definitely be my first wish.

 My second wish would be health for my children.  Of course I wish this anyway, but money still outranks this wish because often we gain strength from our struggles and this wish feels too much like interfering with nature.  Okay, I think I’m just justifying my money wish to myself right now.

My third wish would be to have back the body I once had.  I had a hot bod, and I didn’t appreciate it like I should have.  I don’t want to work for that body though.  I want to be able to eat nachos and cake every day and still have a hot ass and tight abs. 

 So, what did we learn from this? World peace? Nah.  I want to be rich and hot, bitches!

7 comments:

  1. This was a fun post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing and you will get a best seller! Then you wish for financial security can begin. :)

    In high school you were funny, independent, creative, eccentric and stylish. I love the outfits; you and Karen were creative and I was jealous that I couldn't pull off any of your outfits. My rebellious nature was wearing my german army coat and black combat boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angie! I also appreciate your comments about me in high school. I rocked a German army coat for and black Docs for a while too. :)

      Delete
  3. If there's a way to eat nachos, drink wine and rock a hot bod please sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know if that ever happens, so, you know, expect to hear from me about that never.

      Delete
  4. I just emerged from my NaBloPoMo hangover long enough to be able to get on YW. Great interview, including the celebrity resemblance part. Nick Lachey is hot! I always get told that I look like Chelsea Clinton. While it could be worse, um, I can't say I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete